Individual Fees for Basic Knowledge Guides
If you hold a Basic Knowledge certificate and want to keep your account in good standing, you are required to pay a yearly administration fee (2023 rate is $34.99). This fee gives you access to your certificate whenever you need it (click here) and it helps pay for the IGA's website, database, IT and administrative costs, etc.
Paying the administration fee and keeping your certificate in good standing is important and we encourage all individuals who have a basic knowledge certificate to pay this yearly fee, but if you can't, here is what you need to know:
- If you defer the admin fee for up to 2 years, you can renew your basic knowledge certificate by simply paying the administration fee.
- If you defer the admin fee for between 2 and 3 years, you can renew your basic knowledge certificate by paying the administration fee, along with a $10 late fee.
- If you defer the admin fee for 3 or more years, you will need to re-take and pass the course to gain access to your certificate. If you fall in this category, please get in touch with email@example.com for a 20% discount code on an online basic knowledge course.
Corporate Fees for Basic Knowledge Guides
Businesses that hire a number of guides at the Basic Knowledge level, may choose to to pay one of our corporate rates:
- $220 – up to 10 staff ($22.00 per staff)
- $300 – up to 15 staff ($20.00 per staff)
- $350 – up to 20 staff ($18.00 per staff)
- $14.00 per guide for more than 20
Contact us for more details.
*All staff names and email addresses need to be supplied to the IGA as well as payment by cheque or e-transfer (credit card payments are subject to a 5% administration fee).
Note: The online Basic Knowledge courses cover the first year of your administrative fees. The yearly administrative fee is only for guides who have Basic Knowledge certificates with the IGA, that are also not members of the IGA. Individuals who choose not to pay the yearly administration fee will have their certificate revoked after 3 years and may have their profile removed from the IGA database.
If you require a basic knowledge certificate to work as a guide and are no longer in our system, you will have to retake and pass the online course. Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for a 20% discount code.
Please note that you do not need to be a member of the IGA to maintain a basic knowledge certificate, but you must first create an account on this website to complete the process. Please log in or create an account to pay your basic admin fee online.